[mythtv-users] Re: USB MCE IR Receiver

Jim Oltman cnliberal at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 17:21:51 UTC 2005

Since I used apt-get to install lirc and mythtv-suite, I take it that
is would be EXTREMELY difficult for me to compile this new driver into
lirc especially since I have never compiled anything in my entire life
(except for those 2 semesters in college compiling C code that barely
worked).  As I understand it, mythtv-suite already has the lirc-lib
included.  Is there a way around all this?  Does anyone know?  My
version of the mce_usb driver is listed as v0.2 but doesn't mention
anything about this Dan Conti.  Also, on ATRPMs it looks like Axel
last updated the lirc drivers on Mar 5th 12:27 CET.  Could you tell me
how you were able to get your MCE IR receiver up and working (assuming
I have the right driver).  What did you put in your
/etc/modprobe.conf?  I didn't have a /dev/lirc0 only a /dev/lircd so
in my rc.local I put these statements in:

ln -s /dev/lircd /dev/lirc0
chmod 666 /dev/lirc0

/sbin/modprobe lirc_mceusb
/usr/sbin/lircd --device=/dev/lirc0  --output=/dev/lircd

Am I incorrect?  Should I be doing something different?  Thanks!