[mythtv-users] Re: video lock-up every few recordings; at my wits end :( [FIXED]

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Mon Mar 14 12:40:25 UTC 2005

Around about 08/03/05 12:54, Neil Bird typed ...
>>   I have mythbackend logging verbose output, but at the transition of
>> end-of-OK recording to null-recordnig, I can't see anything out of the
>> ordinary (does the backend *really* continually check all recordings
>> for comm-flag processing that frequently?).

   For completeness, I've tracked this down.  I had been running ivtvctl
in my change-channel mythtv script prior to putting the requisite values
in myth's d/b.  I had 'lazily' been calling ivtvctl once per setting,
not once will all settings.

   Removing (delaying, initially) this call [it's all in myth now] cured
the lock-up, so I guess ivtv was getting confused by my hammering it
with ioctls at the same time as myth was, plus whatever other stuff goes
on during recording transitions.

--
   Neil Bird   Principal Engineer                  |

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature