[mythtv-users] KnoppMyth and filesystem types

Ron Johnson ron.l.johnson at cox.net
Mon Mar 14 08:17:14 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-14 at 00:00 -0800, Joe Barnhart wrote:
> --- Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson at cox.net> wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know why KM prefers ext3 for /myth
> > instead of xfs?
>
> They install XFS in their version of Debian, and they
> even compile it in the kernel for their R5 alpha
> release.  The only thing they DON'T do install it by
> default. (And I'm working on them for that!)
>
> When I install KM I like to re-do the /myth filesystem
> with LVM and XFS.  It's the cat's whiskers for HDTV
> users.  You really appreciate it when you delete a
> football game (20G) and *blink* it's gone!

So you do a manual install?

> > Also, will KM be able to auto-install to SATA drives
> > any time soon?
>
> Dunno on this one.  No SATA drives here (yet).  Maybe
> if you send Cecil a 300G SATA drive to play with...
> ;-)

I'll have to convince the wife. :\

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"The things that will destroy us are: politics without principle;
pleasure without conscience; wealth without work; knowledge
without character; business without morality; science without
humanity; and worship without sacrifice."
Mahatma Gandhi