[mythtv-users] PiP in recordings

Jay Jarvinen jay-lists at 3pound.com
Mon Mar 14 05:56:04 UTC 2005

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 12:38:08 -0300
"Robson Braga Araujo" <robson at akwan.com.br> wrote:

> I would like to make mythtv able to show a PiP window when I'm
> watching a record. I have only one tuner, but I want to watch some
> movie that I recorded while I keep an eye on the soccer games that are
> going on at the same time.

I'll 'second' that.

Evidently, it's come up before: http://tinyurl.com/3qu4s

In addition, if that were done, I'd like to see an optional reminder via
OSD. As in: "Recording of XYZ starting in 5 minutes, press <Button> to
monitor in PIP".

You should add it here: http://mythtv.info/moin.cgi/UserWishList

Closest existing entry I see is:

"[WWW]BabyCam / security cam via PiP, put a webcam in the babies room
and
have MythTV display it via PiP. Might also be usefull together with the
mentioned [WWW]Motion software to see if someone at your doorbell.
MythPhone maybe?"

-Jay