[mythtv-users] Mythweather quit working?

Max Waterman davidmaxwaterman at fastmail.co.uk
Mon Mar 14 05:31:05 UTC 2005

Wouldn't this fill up your /etc/hosts file?

I'd suggest something like (using tcsh and not fully tested) :

( fgrep -v www.weather.com /etc/hosts ; host www.weather.com | awk '{
print $4, "\t",  $1}' ) > /etc/hosts.N && mv /etc/hosts.N /etc/hosts

also, it does depend on your /etc/nsswitch.conf (or /etc/resolv.conf,
netinfo, depending on your OS) using the hosts file before dns.

$ fgrep hosts /etc/nsswitch.conf
hosts:      files dns

Max.