[mythtv-users] Is xfs flaky or is it my drive. Fedora Core 2, XFS, Myth .16 and .17

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Mar 14 03:01:13 UTC 2005

On Sunday 13 March 2005 17:57, Will Dormann wrote:
> tdixon at dixbizserv.com wrote:
> > - Are people using XFS and finding it generally stable or flaky like I
> > find it?
>
> I've been using XFS on my main storage for over 7 months now.   Not a
> single problem with it.    Running Gentoo.

I've got a 650GB XFS-formatted LVM volume in my master backend that's been
running non-stop for over a year now and a 320GB XFS-formatted LVM volume in
a slave backend that's been running for about seven months non-stop. Overall,
I've been using XFS for over two years, never a problem, across Fedora Core
1, 2 and 3. XFS is generally rock-solid, unless you're constantly filling up
the partition.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com