[mythtv-users] Video not fitting my TV

Dave myth_user at cox.net
Mon Mar 14 02:23:59 UTC 2005

            I must be missing simple, however searching the web and
playing with my xorg.conf has not helped. So here I am.
            When I boot my mythtv box and when X loads my display does
not fit my 51 TV. Instead it has a  black bar around the edges, which
I would like to get rid of.
            Here is my current xorg.conf
Section "Monitor"
        #Option     "dpms"
        Identifier   "Monitor0"
        VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
        ModelName    "Digital 17 in. Color Monitor (FR-PCXBV-F*)"
        HorizSync    30.0  69.9
        VertRefresh  60.0
Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "nvidia"
        VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
        BoardName   "NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX (generic)"
        Option      "RenderAccel" "1"
        Option      "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
        Option      "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"
        Option      "HWCursor" "true"
        Option      "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"
        Option      "NvAGP" "1"
        Option      "NoLogo" "true"
        Option      "TVOverScan" "1.0"
Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Videocard0"
        Monitor    "Monitor0"
        DefaultDepth     24
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     24
                Modes   "640x480"
I have adjusted TVoverscan (0.6 to 1.0), Screen Modes 800x600, 730x480,
640x480 , and refresh rates 30.0 ~ 70.0 which did not help.
I appreciate any direction anyone can give me