[mythtv-users] Re: USB MCE IR Receiver

Jim Oltman cnliberal at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 01:47:12 UTC 2005

After deleting the section in my rc.local about the mknod /dev/lirc0 c
61 0 and replacing it with:

ln -s /dev/lircd /dev/lirc0

I am no longer getting errors from lircd in the /var/log/messages.
IRW runs but I am not seeing anything when I press buttons on my
Hauppauge remote (it has also been setup in the correct lircrc files).
 When I run irrecord I am getting errors about lircd not being
started.  I am going to try commenting out the other section in
rc.local pertaining to MCEUSB and see what happens.