[mythtv-users] How to configure for pcHDTV-3000 tuning plus bttv S-Video from old PVR

Tony Godshall togo at of.net
Sun Mar 13 16:46:56 UTC 2005

Hi, folks.

I've got an old PVR that I want to keep using.  It
timeshifts the analog channels from cable and outputs
S-Video and composite.

I've got a new machine running KnopMyth R5A12, MythTV 0.17.
It has a new pcHDTV and an older bttv.

What I can't seem to find in the docs is how to configure
the two tuners.  I want the pcHDTV to do the normal PVR thing-
timeshift the shows that are available that it can pick up
(that would be the SDTV and HDTV broadcast channels from San
Francisco).  And I want the bttv card to let me watch the
output from my old PVR (S-Video, I guess, but composite would
work too).

So how do I configure MythTV to deal with two tuners, one
digital and one just for analog pass-thru.

-- Tony Godshall