[mythtv-users] Incorrect scaling on 5:4 ratio display devices

Per Åge Sørvik per.aage at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 18:09:11 UTC 2005

My apologies if this is a duplicate, I sent this mail to the dev list
more than a day ago, and haven't't seen it appear.

Something seems to be wrong with the scaling code. I've got 5:4,16:10
and 16:9 display devices, and the DisplaySize set to reflect the
correct ratio in the X* config files on the different machines. All
content scales correctly on the 16:9 & 16:10 devices, but on the 5:4
displays, 4:3 content is stretched to full screen, and 16:9 content is
stretched so its slightly to tall. It looks like the 5:4 ratio devices
is incorrectly treated as 4:3 devices. This is with mythtv 0.17.
Setting the aspect ratio in the menu doesn't change anything. No big
deal, but an indication that something is wrong with the scaling.

--

peråge