[mythtv-users] Is mythTV ready for prime time?

David myth at dgreaves.com
Sun Mar 13 09:48:29 UTC 2005

Justin Gombos wrote:

>After fighting with database issues on Suse 9.1, I switched to
>KnoppMyth, which supposedly auto-installs all the prereqs and sets up
>the database.  Yet it "cannot connect to the master backend
>database."
>
>I'm throwing in the towel.  Looking at the archives of this list, it
>appears that this tool is still packed with gotchas, one complication
>after another.  Does anyone else share the same thoughts, or am I just
>having unusual difficulties?

Yes it is. (well, apart from some geeky bits in the setup that aren't
easy for distros to hide)

The whole appliance/1-button install distro (ie Knoppmyth) is not ---
quite -- yet.

I assume you went back to their forums/lists and helped diagnose this so
that the next version would be better?
I really hope you didn't just see it fail and give up, expecting someone
else to make it work for you?

David