[mythtv-users] .17 on fc3-only stays on one channel, despite changing!

Scott Minneman sminneman at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 05:39:05 UTC 2005

I had the same problem for a while.  Turned out the bttv driver wasn't
detecting my 2 WinTV Go card's tuners correctly.

I figured this out by running dmesg.  Scroll up until you see lines
similar to the following:

bttv0: Hauppauge eeprom: model=29440, tuner=? (-1), radio=no
bttv0: using tuner=9

Note that on the first line, it's failing to detect a tuner properly.
To fix this, in the file /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6 (I run
Gentoo on a 2.6 kernel, your distro/kernel might be different), I added
the line

bttv tuner=9,9

This loads the bttv driver at startup, and tells it that both cards use
tuner 9.

To figure out what tuner you have, you can go to
http://www.mind.lu/~Eyg/ftvco/ and download the utility.

Hope this helps.

John H. wrote:

>This just started a few days ago, but for some reason,
>mythtv will only show channel 52 on livetv or
>recordings, despite changing the channel(the number at
>the top saying it's channel 47 or 58 or whatever, and
>menu at the bottom  saying the different channel name
>and show).
>
>Help?

>http://mail.yahoo.com

Scott Minneman
J.D. Candidate, 2007
The George Washington University Law School