[mythtv-users] Mythmusic and directory listing issues after upgrade.

Dewey Smolka dsmolka at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 05:13:34 UTC 2005

Hello all,

I posted a note earlier today but it doesn't seem to have been sent to
the list.

I've had a very strange issue with Mythmusic since upgrading from 0.16
(Knoppmyth R4V4) to 0.17 (Knoppmyth R5V12). Most of the kinks I've
managed to work out but this one has me stumped.

I have a lot of records in my library stored as
/mnt/hdb6/media/audio/GENRE/ARTIST/ALBUM/TRACK_TITLE. The settings all
point to the right directory, Myth populates the database, and I can
play the music.

The issue is that previously the Play Music screen  and the Select
Music screen would show what they are meant to show -- e.g. All My
Music -> Blues -> Buddy Guy -> Best Of -> 01 Damn Right I've Got the
Blues.ogg

Since upgrading, both of these screens instead show All My Music ->
Blues -> Buddy Guy -> Best of -> 00 ~ Blues (the same for all tracks
on the record).

The song list for every album is now in the form of 00 ~ GENRE. In the
settings, I have the tree listing set to 'directory' and the ID3
Ignore option selected, as I had in 0.16.

I'm guessing that when Myth populates the music database, it puts
information in the wrong tables, but I'm not all that familiar (read I
don't know shit) about MySQL. Since this was a clean install, I dont
see how putting the music in a new directory and refilling the
database would help, although I haven't yet tried that..

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so how did you fix it? If I
need to muck about with the MySQL files, how do I do it? Can anyone
point me to a basic MySQL reference?

Thanks in advance,

Dewey