[mythtv-users] cropping video problem

tcosimano at gmpexpress.net tcosimano at gmpexpress.net
Sat Mar 12 19:40:05 UTC 2005

Also I just found this in dmesg

cx25840: Decoder set size 480x480 (from 720x487) -> scale  524288x65529,
filter 0

I set it back to 720x487 and every time I select "Watch TV" it sets the
encoder back to 480x480.  Which size do I really want?  720x487 displays
great on my monitor (don't have a tv to hook up yet).  Is 480x480 a
default setting in myth? and if so why?  All I want to do is record and
watch tv and burn shows to DVD to play on my stand-alone DVD players.