[mythtv-users] xfx geforce5200fx to hdtv over s-video issue

tschus at juno.com tschus at juno.com
Sat Mar 12 04:48:30 UTC 2005

mythtv box with s-video cable from s-video out to a toshiba theatreview HD
the s-video output works until right after the drives are mounted, the screen flickers and then i get random patterns of light.  I tried all resolutions for the video card 640, 800, tried different colour depth and still cannot get play back over the s-video card.  If I disconnect the s-video card and then choose the vga output instead, the computer monitor appears normal, X starts, and I can login to the gui.

I have never used s-video before so not sure what settings I might have to hack to get the s-video to display properly on the HD tv.

thanks