[mythtv-users] Re: MythMusic LAME encoding

Dan Jasek djasek at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 22:07:54 UTC 2005

I finally got around to finding the answer to this myself:
Low - 128 always CBR
Med - 192 or alt-preset standard if VBR is set
High - 256 or alt-preset extreme if VBR is set

-Dan

After a long journey I have a fully functioning Myth box, and man is
it sweet. Thanks to Jarod for putting together a very useful and
up-to-date walkthrough.
I have one question I'm hoping someone here can answer:

The setup for mp3 encoding through lame in MythMusic only offer vague
quality levels. Does anyone know the actual encoding directives sent
to lame for the various quality levels?

Ideally I want to encode with alt-preset standard. I did a search and
there was a thread about this a while ago, but the solution was to
modify the code and compile. I hope that is no longer necessary.
(BTW- I'm running .17 on FC3)

Thanks,
-Dan