[mythtv-users] HELP! Can't Seek (FF/REW)

Matt Johnson matt at brushfiretech.com
Fri Mar 11 21:44:11 UTC 2005

I'm having trouble seeking when watching any HD content.  I can fast forward
at 3x just fine, but as soon as I go to 5x or faster, everything slows down
to a crawl - as if I'm doing slow motion instead of fast forward.  It is
also very pixilated and jumpy when it does this, and if I let it go too long
it crashes mythfrontend.  I also notice that if I just let it play and try
to save a bookmark somewhere, it always starts back at the beginning instead
of the bookmark position.

I'm running the latest cvs build on a 2.6.11.1 kernel.  My two tuners are an
HD-3000 w/DVB drivers, and the firewire input from my SA3250HD.   I'm using
the latest nvidia drivers with the patches from the nvidia linux forum to
get it working on 2.6.11.

I'm not sure when this behavior started, but it normally only happens on HD
recordings.  I sometimes see it on standard recordings as well.   It doesn't
seem to make a difference if I change any of the Fast Forward settings, or
if I run with xvmc or not, or if I do software deinterlacing or not.

It also does not seem to log anything to the verbose output for
mythfrontend.  Is there somewhere else I could look to see what's going on?

Has anyone else experienced problems fast forwarding?

Thanks,

Matt Johnson

matt at brushfiretech.com