[mythtv-users] New Gentoo Myth Install - No Sound

Michael Haan michael.haan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 15:50:13 UTC 2005

Ok, I've taken another run at this using some of the directions located here:
http://mythtv.info/moin.cgi/DigitalSoundHowTo
and
http://home.comcast.net/~alf_park/mythtv.html

However, it occurs to me that I may have been mistakenly referring to
the TOSLINK jack as SPDIF.  My mobo has both an optical TOSLINK and a
coax SPDIF (unless I'm once again callling things by the wrong name).
I'd like to get the TOSLINK working, thought the coax would be ok.  Do
these instructions still apply?