[mythtv-users] Re: How to reply to messages in mythtv-users Archives?

Mathew Mrosko mythtv at matmrosko.com
Fri Mar 11 15:40:38 UTC 2005

On Friday 11 March 2005 02:43 am, Mark Crutch wrote:
> 1) Subscribe to the list
> 2) Set your preferences so that it doesn't deliver any mails to you.
> 3) When you find a message you want to reply to in the web archives,
> copy the message subject
> 4) Start a new email to mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> 5) Paste in the subject line; I prefix it with "Re: ", but I'm not sure
> if that's essential
> 6) Copy any text you want to quote from the web archive
> 7) Right click in the message in TB and select "Paste As Quotation"
> 8) Fill out the rest of your reply
> 9) Send.
>
> This seems to keep things threaded within the web archives, so I presume
> it also keeps it together with the rest of the thread for those people
> who are receiving the list as emails.

If that's what you did this time, it didn't work...This e-mail you sent did
not show up threaded with the rest in my email client (KMail).

> I already have enough trouble keeping up with my inbox from other
> mailing lists; at least with this approach I can dip into the archive
> when I have time, and when a subject grabs my attention.

This is why I made a separate e-mail address for the mythtv list.  I have them
downloaded, but it's not mixed in with all my other stuff.  The other method
is to set up filters.  Just your mail client to filter all messages from the
mailing list "mythtv-users at mythtv.org" into a different folder.  This should
be relatively easy unless you use a primitive client like pine.

> Mark
> P.S. If this message appears in its own thread on the archive, then I
> guess you can ignore everything I've said ;)

P.S. It didn't, which is why I replied ;)

ewwww... Microsoft :(

--
Mathew Mrosko (mythtv at matmrosko.com)