[mythtv-users] Can a master backend have no inputs?

Nathan Ford zimans at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 13:52:33 UTC 2005

I'm in the same situation. I have my server in the closet that
provides services to my network (DHCP, DNS, MySQL, etc.) but it has no
capture cards. Nor can I put any in. This machine is also a low power
system. Saves me $$ in electricity. Since this machine is on all the
time I too would like to have it wake up other slave backends when
there is work to do. I have a development server that I only turn on
when I am writing code that I can put capture cards in. I also have my
front end downstairs.

I'm still building my system, but this would be the ideal setup for
me. When I do get enough stuff to try and get it up and running i'll
report my findings.

--Nate