[mythtv-users] How I got great quality TV-out on my nVidia MX4000

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Fri Mar 11 03:43:30 UTC 2005

Will Dormann wrote:

> Tom Lichti wrote:
>
>> As an aside, what is the preferred Nvidia card for TV output? I have
>> a generic GeForce 4 MX440 and it works alright, although I'm sure it
>> could be better. If there is a better card to use, what is it?
>

> From what I gather, the MX4000 is just a die-shrunk version of the
> MX440, so if you follow my instructions you should be able to get
> pretty good results.     Is this not the case?

I haven't gotten into it that deeply yet, but I do plan to. I'm curious
about the convertor box I linked. It has component outputs, and my TV
has component inputs, I did get the video to go to that output, but when
I tried to run Myth it wouldn't work. I should try it again, that was on
.16, now I'm on .17.

Tom