[mythtv-users] Re: mythdvd rip quality can only be "perfect"

Adam Felson a.f.6 at pobox.com
Fri Mar 11 02:54:18 UTC 2005

More wierdness.  I can take the transcode command used by the remote
frontend from the mtd.log file and run it on the backend machine.  No
problem.  Try to have the mythfrontend running on the backend machine do
a dvd rip and it doesn't seem to know how to transcode, offering nothing
but "perfect" quality.
Mythdvd was build on the backend machine with ./configure --enable-all

How does mythdvd go about deciding what quality levels to offer?  Why
does one machine offer multiple quality levels while the other one
doesn't?

Adam Felson <a.f.6 at pobox.com>