[mythtv-users] restore borked db

cythraul cythrault at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 02:19:36 UTC 2005

Indeed it can't be easier... for proficient Linux users.

One could argue that by running MythTV you agree to get your hands
dirty. But with things like knopmyth, minimyth and other easy to
install myth-based distros you're getting more and more users who just
wanna watch some TV.

MythTV going mainstream? Does it sound freaky?

What I have in mind is some kind of DB manipulation GUI or whatever.
For example, I want to backup my recorded programs because I need to
rebuild my system for some reason. I get into the "Backup/restore
tool", export the table by selecting "backup my recorded program",
unselect "keep old records" and click "burn" or "save to" then select
a media, different volume, networked SMB or NFS share…

Later, I get back to the "Backup/restore tool", select import from
backup. Select what I need to restore. Et voilą!

It's just a fuzzy idea. I feel there a need for something more user
friendly and I wanted to put the idea in the hope it could stir
something beneficial for everyone. ;)

cyth