[mythtv-users] How I got great quality TV-out on my nVidia MX4000

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Thu Mar 10 21:29:58 UTC 2005

John Patrick Poet wrote:

>I understand that you are frustrated, but your last sentence is a little
>offensive.
>
>The OpenGL vsync/bobdeint combo is awsome.  Ever since Doug implemented that
>combination, my video playback has been silky smooth.  I have an nVidia
>graphics card.
>
>The reason it may not work as well for non-nVidia users, is that Doug uses
>an nVidia card.  Pretty much all the "developers" use an nVidia card.  This
>means that all other video cards are not going to be as well tested or
>optimized.

As an aside, what is the preferred Nvidia card for TV output? I have a
generic GeForce 4 MX440 and it works alright, although I'm sure it could
be better. If there is a better card to use, what is it?

Also, awhile back I bought one of these:
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=169832&Sku=G126-1002

And I tried it with Myth, but it wouldn't work. I forget the problem, I
believe it was something about 'couldn't connect to xv device' or
something like that.

Would I be better served using that box with the VGA output, or a better
Nvidia card?

Thanks
Tom