[mythtv-users] Hauppauge WINTV-PVR-500MCE

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu Mar 10 20:54:14 UTC 2005

On Thursday 10 March 2005 12:34, Matt S. wrote:
> > Actually, I'd call the 500 extremely close to production-ready right now.
>
> Myabe I'll get a 500 then.  That'd be great to have two additional
> tuners.  I eventually plan on getting an air2pc card as well, so
> that'll save a slot for that.  I've never had to do a kernel patch, so
> I'm not sure if I'd have to do that or not for this to work.

Nope, not necessary. Both the dvb driver and ivtv drivers can be built
externally from the kernel. I've got an Air2PC card also, running in a box
with a stock FC3 kernel and ATrpms dvb kernel module packages built outside
the kernel.

> Also, a
> single 500 will work with 2 250s in the same backend in harmony?

I'm not aware of any reason why it wouldn't, but I haven't yet grouped my 150
or 500 with other ivtv cards (besides each other, which works fine). My 150
sits along side my pcHDTV HD-2000 in production use now though, and it hasn't
been a problem. In theory, it ought to Just Work, and have everything
auto-detected (you may need one param for cx25840, but that's it).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...