[mythtv-users] .17 & MythNews

Carrison, Stuart Stuart at carrison.co.uk
Thu Mar 10 14:26:37 UTC 2005

Hi All,

Recently re-built my box after a hashed up-grade from .16.

Almost everything is going well, found .17 much more reliable and straight forward than .16, but then I've had a bit more Linux experience since then!

By the way, I used KnoppMyth R5v12.

Only remaining issue is that when I go into the Setup/Information/News it seems to show me the actual news information page, rather than the add newsfeeds page. Obviously it is blank because I can't add any newsfeeds from the display page.

Can anyone tell me how to either add RSS feeds 'manually' or help me fix the Setup/Information link to the feeds setup page?

One other thing is that I still don't know where to put the xvattr command. I can exit mythfrontend and run the command manually (to remove the blue borders) but this is lost at re-boot.

I've had suggestions that I should put it '/home/mythtv/.kde/Autostart/myth-load.sh' but this file doesn't exist on my R5V12 box, also '/home/mythtv/.fvwm/.fvwm2rc' has been suggested - but this file doesn't exist either.

I guess this question is: What script starts mythfrontend on R5?

TIA,

Stu