[mythtv-users] Unable to initialize Video

Bill Weir bill.weir at outsourceadvice.com
Thu Mar 10 07:46:29 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to get MythTv 0.17 setup on an Epia M client and I can't get
mythfrontend to open up live video. The message is "Unable to Initialize
Video". Anyone got any pointers?

The log says:
...Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
...Decoder not alive, and trying to play...
...Changing from None to None

I'm connecting this puppy to a backend on another box, which is known to
work.There is no capture card on the client.

I built the Epia M client largely from scratch following the instructions at
the dri.freedesktop.org wiki (http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/Building):
* Built a 2.6.9-1.724_FC3 kernel (because Terry Barnaby built his
documentation on it)
* Built Mesa
* Built drm from dri.freedesktop.orgBuilt X.org X11R6.8.2 from source
* Built MythTV 0.17 from source, including uncommenting the XvMC_VLD support
lines in settings.pro

I've worked a couple days on this and can't figure it out. If you can even
give me pointers that would be wonderful. I'm happy to go read something.

Thanks,

Bill