[mythtv-users] Backend for Multiple HD/Firewire streams

David Madsen david.madsen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 06:24:21 UTC 2005

> Also, if anyone has Time Warner with a 3250, does the TW OSD show up
> in the video from the firewire port?  Can you set the output format
> (say, send every chanel at 480p)?

I can't speak directly to Time Warner cable but I do have a SA 3250
recording over firewire and the OSD in my setup is not overlayed on
the Firewire output.  Since the firewire interface was designed to be
used as a recording interface it makes sense that the OSD is not
displayed.

On my SA 3250 there is not even any mention of the firewire port in
any of the OSD setup menu's whatsoever.  You can set the output format
of the component signals but this does not change the size of the
recordings streamed over the firewire interface.

--David Madsen