[mythtv-users] Re: Running two X servers (with PVR350) at the same time?

Michael Arndt marndt at bulldog.tzo.org
Thu Mar 10 04:15:12 UTC 2005

Thanks for the tip John!  Hearing that you had this working got me thinking
about a web page I found earlier, but never finished reading through...this
was the one:

http://cambuca.ldhs.cetuc.puc-rio.br/multiuser/

The bottom of that page leads to this link for a patched xorg rpm for FC3:

ftp://ftp.linux.cz/pub/linux/people/jan_kasprzak/xorg-dualhead/

I installed that and followed the examples given in the README and gdm.conf
on the above link, and I'm up with mythtv running on one display while I
type on my desktop using another X display!  Sweet!

For some reason, one of the X servers runnig is pegging my CPU at 97% though.
Not sure why that is, but I'll live with it for now unless anyone has a
solution.

Just wanted to get this email out so it was searchable in the archives.  Sorry
I couldn't respond to the real thread - I subscribed in digest mode without
thinking about it :(.  Thanks again!

Mike