[mythtv-users] Re: mythtv backend on a headless fileserver

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Thu Mar 10 03:49:59 UTC 2005

On Mar 9, 2005, at 9:41 PM, Jarod Wilson wrote:

> [...]
>> Would a ncurses based mythsetup be out of the question?
>
> That was my suggestion for a no-X, no-Qt setup util.

I run the setup program on my headless backend all the time. I just ssh
into it from my frontend and run setup. The setup program is displayed
on the frontend using X but is actually run from the backend and
modifies the backend's settings. If you have a headless backend then
you must have a frontend running on X, unless it is on OSX then I don't
know.

- James