[mythtv-users] Sleeping system? Monitor blank fc2?

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Thu Mar 10 02:38:54 UTC 2005

Jonathan Sass wrote:

> While using myth, my monitor goes blank and I cannot get it to come
> alive via mouse of keyboard.
>
> The system appears to be running but I can only reboot to access it.
>
> What do I need to address in linux to stop my monitor from sleeping on
> me?

I turned off a couple things:

1.  Disable any screensaver in your window manager if it has one
2.  Disable DPMS in your X windows configuration file or use "xset
-dpms" before executing mythfrontend
3.  Disable an X screensaver using "xset s off" before executing
mythfrontend
4.  Disable powersaving in general using "setterm -powersave off" prior
to starting X (I had to do this on a frontend that I used a "textual"
login for and not the graphical GDM/KDM login)

Kevin