[mythtv-users] mythconverg schedule info off one hour

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Thu Mar 10 01:09:24 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 12:28, Clarke Pelz wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 March 2005 11:57 am, Scot L. Harris wrote:
>
> > Sounds like a daylight savings time problem.  Check that setting in your
> > system to make sure it matches what the program schedule is set to.
>
> It sure does.  However we haven't had a time change recently and this did seem
> to happen coincident with my upgrade to 0.17.  I'm not sure what you mean
> when you say:
>
> > Check that setting in your system to make sure it matches what the
> > program schedule is set to.
>
> The computer picks up time from an NTP server at boot, /etc/localtime is set
> to America/Anchorage and the computer displays time correctly in Alaska
> Standard Time.  It seems system time is correct.  How do I adjust the time
> the "program schedule is set to?"

I was hoping one of the long time mythtv users/developers would jump in
here.  :)  I just recently got a system setup and running my self and am
working through a few remaining problems.

I figured the tv listings pulled from that site might have the offset
you are seeing.  I don't remember if you tell it what time zone you are
or not.

> XMLTV time offset is set to none though setting it to +0100 and -0100 and
> refilling the database had no effect on the schedule.
>
> this thread:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/84788?search_string=xmltv%20offset;#84788
> indicates that mythfilldatabase relies on the os's timezone setting to convert
> from the datadirect UTC times to the local timezone.  Could mythfilltv be
> picking tz info from someplace other than the /etc/timezone link (I'm on FC3)

That is what I was thinking might be wrong.  Best guess that I had.  :)

> I saw that some thread that I can't find now mentioned adjusting an offset
> setting directly in mythconverg (as opposed to resetting program times
> program times there)  It was unclear if that was a permanent fix though.

Hopefully some one that has spent time looking at the sources can help.
sorry.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Worst Month of 1981 for Downhill Skiing:
	August.  The lift lines are the shortest, though.
		-- Steve Rubenstein