[mythtv-users] mythtv backend on a headless fileserver

Lasse Lindgård Lazlo at jay.net
Wed Mar 9 22:21:07 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am trying to setup mythtv on my fileserver.

I do not want X or qt on the server and I can't see why I should.
All I want to run is the backend for capturing video. The frontend will run elsewhere.

I was wondering if there is a howto somewhere on getting this scenario up and running?

I am also looking for some kind of minimal dependency list that only covers what I will need to run the backend. The list in the documentation seems to cover what I will need for everything.

Right now I am trying to compile mythtv on my gentoo system with qt-embedded and directfb support. I get some build error -- I suspect that is a gentoo problem ...
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-2166284.html

It is hard to find any info anywhere on how to do this. So I am hoping to get some hints from you guys.

Thanks in advance
/Lasse