[mythtv-users] Commercial cutting & DVD burning

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Tue Mar 8 19:24:54 UTC 2005

> OK, now do it again...  show a keyframe and then make some changes, then more
> changes.
> Now, imagine we've cut a section so skip ahead in the video to a random B- or
> P-frame.
> This frame contains changes - but they're for a completely different image.
> So if you apply these changes you end up with a pixellated multicolour screen
> for a few frames (until a new I-frame appears).

 	I would just like to add again that this procedure only works 95%
of the time for broadcast/cable captures... about 80% of the time for tape
transfers.  Avidemux cannot deal with chaning A/V sync throughout the
file, and this method will have broken sync with one of these
unfortunate captures.  The author of avidemux acknowleges this
limitation, but says a fair bit of internal work would be needed to fix
it.

-Cory