[mythtv-users] Remote mythweb

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Mar 8 16:38:13 UTC 2005

> I did some more testing since I posted this and found if I
> activate/deactivate programs from the scheduled recordings page it also
> crashes.  How does mythweb communicate?  Does it interact with the DB
> directly or does it talk to the backend?

Both.  It works exactly how a remote frontend would, except that it's
PHP.  Problem is, I only know as much about the direct backend
communications as the main devs tell me, so perhaps I'm missing something.

I do know that there is a bug with generating the preview pixmaps in
mythweb that sometimes causes the backend to crash -- I don't know how
to fix it, but people are trying to figure out if it's a mythweb bug or
a backend bug.

If you're running cvs, there have also been some changes to the
scheduler that haven't been put into mythweb yet -- I wouldn't think
they could crash the backend, but they might.

-Chris