[mythtv-users] MythWeb returning blank pages

Paul Stadig paul at stadig.name
Tue Mar 8 14:07:44 UTC 2005

I've been having a problem with MythWeb returning blank pages. I've seen
others post with a similar issue. All the other MythTV components are
working perfectly, and MythWeb works great until I add certain programs
to the recording schedule. One of those programs is Cheers on TVLand.
After I add it all of the MythWeb pages return blank (recording
schedule, listing, upcoming recording, etc.). If I go into mythfrontend
and remove Cheers, then MythWeb starts working again. While MythWeb is
down mythbackend keeps recording, and mythfrontend works great. MythWeb
will intermittently give me an error about running out of memory, but
most of the time it just returns a blank page. I thought at first, with
the out of memory error, that I had too many programs in the recording
schedule, but I've been able to add several programs since, and every
time I add Cheers MythWeb breaks, when I remove Cheer MythWeb works.

MythWeb is amazing, and I have really enjoyed using it. I'm sure it's
just a minor bug, or perhaps some inconsistency in my database. Does
anyone have any suggestions as to what I could do to fix it? I would
rather not have to zap my database and start over.

Paul Stadig