[mythtv-users] Anyone else having problems ripping new movies?

Peter Valdemar Morch swp5jhu02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Mar 8 09:49:05 UTC 2005

Scot L. Harris webid-at-cfl.rr.com |Lists| wrote:
> I would settle for getting it to work on my older movies.  :)
>
> One of the last major issues I have with my setup.
>
> Unable to play a DVD or import one.

I most often do a binary copy of the DVDs rather than a "rip". And then
play the binary copy of the dvd. Something like:

 > dd if=/dev/dvd of=/tmp/copy_of.dvd bs=2048
 > xinev --auto-scan dvd dvd:///tmp/copy_of.dvd/

Or you may do that at a friend's house where you know his setup works.

Can you play DVDs with just regular xine? Outside of Myth? With Mplayer?

That may help you separate whether it is a DVD hardware problem or a
xine software problem.... I actually had hardware problems that went
away when I replaced the physical DVD drive...

Peter

--
Peter Valdemar Mørch
http://www..........