[mythtv-users] DirectTV and Changing Channels on the Front End.

David George david at thegeorges.us
Tue Mar 8 04:30:02 UTC 2005

On 03/07/2005 10:51 PM, hondaman wrote:

> Could you tell me how this is done?  How to control the backend with
> the dtv reciever connected to it from the front end?  What
> programs/scripts/hardware do I need?

Your video capture card is in the backend.  The audio/video from the
Directv receiver plugs into the video capture card.  The serial cable
from the "low speed port" plugs into a serial port on the backend.  The
channel changer program/script is entered in the backend setup program.

Try this and see if it helps:

http://mythhd.info/directv.html

Sorry I am terse, not much of a writer :-)

--
David