[mythtv-users] Re: Hauppauge grey remote without a PVR250.

John Clabaugh bubbaslash at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 03:14:42 UTC 2005

According to my notes, the tip of the IR receiver cable plug should be
connected in place of IC1 pin3.  The base of the plug should connect
in place of IC1 pin 2, and the ring of the plug should connect in
place of IC1 pin 1.  In other words,

Tip = +5V
Base = GND (DCD)
Ring = Data

I put the whole circuit inside a DB9 hood with the connector jack
fitting snuggly into the hole typically used for the serial cable.  By
the way, you will need to get a stereo micro jack (not the typical
1/8" jack).