[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0.17, Fedora Core 3

Jay jay at tekkiehaus.com
Tue Mar 8 01:59:31 UTC 2005

The reason this is happening is most likely the same reason it happened to me. Make sure your using MPEG2 of course, as RTjpeg is wrong, but the other part of your issue is most likely this:

Mythbackend is starting before modprobe ivtv finishes.

Reboot your backend. Once its completely done starting up, exit your frontend (if it is loaded). Restart mythbackend. Now try to watch live TV. This probably will fix it. I have to restart mythbackend by hand everytime my backend server reboots, I haven't found any real way to fix this, but the restarting mythbackend makes it work. Let us know if this fixes it for you, I've already talked a few others with FC3/0.17 and they had the same issue.