[mythtv-users] mplayer options when xvideo fails

kedlm at charter.net kedlm at charter.net
Mon Mar 7 21:36:31 UTC 2005

I originally said:
> I still can't get my ATI 9800 to use xvideo at over about 1024 resolutions; so I can't watch HD shows in myth with xv on. (1920 and 1280 both fail with the insufficient resources issue)

As Homer would say: Woo Hoo!

In trying to make myth play back X11 better I actually got XV to work right for me so I can chuck my X11 video display in the trash. (I was making progress, but who cares?)

For anyone else who stumbles across this kind of problem:
1) I am using the latest and greatest fglrx binary drivers from ATI (I was before too; Feb 2005)
2) I have
Option "MTRR" "on"
in my XF86Config-4 file (without this it will really load done the CPU displaying the 1920x1080 streams and sometimes can not keep up)
3) I am now running clone mode, but I don't know if that matters (I was running big head mode across an LCD and TV)
4) I have DRI turned off, but loaded with
Load "dri"
Option "no_dri" "yes"
5) I moved the overlay to the 2nd display (the tv) with Option "OverlayOnCRTC2" "on"

In Live-TV on a real 1920x1080 stream, my P4-2.8Ghz machine says it is 45-55% idle and displays nicely on my 1024x768 NTSC TV via S-Video.

I'll send the whole XF86Config-4 if anyone needs it.

Cheers,
Mike