[mythtv-users] movie trailer plugin!

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 7 20:21:26 UTC 2005

On Sunday 06 March 2005 16:47, Robert Tsai wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 03:22:05PM -0600, Andy Long wrote:
> > > How about bookmark a search for "movie:your-zip-code" on google
> > > into your mythweb bookmarks?
> >
> > I am actually looking at writing a movie listings (as in what time
> > something plays at the local cineplex) plugin.  Anyone else think
> > this could be useful, or would the bookmark approach be fine for
> > most
>
> I'm a web-browser-user myself, but only because I already have a PC
> that is usually on most of the time.
>
> I could see it being useful for those whose MythTV box is the 24x7
> machine of the house (no waiting for boot time, etc.).

I personally dislike using a browser on my Myth box for anything.  I do
have a wireless keyboard/mouses setup, but I prefer not to keep it out.
Also, web pages are not designed for viewing on a TV screen, and
bumping up the font sizes is really just an ugly kludge.  For something
like this ever to get significant acceptance & usage, I'd think it
would have to be a 'traditional' Myth set-top interface.  I know I'd
find it useful.

Just my $0.02.

-JAC