[mythtv-users] Does recording programs from different channels on the same multiplex clash?

drbob drbob at gmx.co.uk
Mon Mar 7 16:02:21 UTC 2005

Hello,

I'm finally getting around to setting up a mythtv box, I have a question
about recording from a dvb card. Initially I will only have 1 card
(software decode dvb-t) and I was wondering if mythtv can capture video
from several different channels on the same multiplex at once?

For example in the UK BBC1 and BBC2 are both on multiplex 1. If I tried
to record two programs, one on each channel, which overlapped - would
mythtv do this or complain about a clash? It seems to me that it should
be technically possible as all the channels in the multiplex are
available and mythtv would just need to demux 2 channels rather than 1.

Thanks in advance for any help.