[mythtv-users] Gentoo, PVR350, ivtv and Xorg 6.8.0 NO ivtvdev

Jeff Simpson llcooljeff at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 15:33:00 UTC 2005

it def does work. I have the same setup almost exactly, gentoo with
kernel 2.6.9, xorg 6.8.0-r3, pvr350 (rev990)

my xorg.conf file:
http://jeff.jeffornot.com/XF86Config

the startup script I'm using for myth:
http://jeff.jeffornot.com/start_myth.sh

(both of those files probably have a LOT of unneccessary stuff. The
startup script automatically runs setup when I exit the frontend, cuz
I'm too lazy to make two scripts. The xf86config file is the same one
I've had since like redhat 6, I've just been editing it and
regenerating/merging old files together. I think that one even has
some remnants of the old ati gatos drivers in it)

ivtv version: 0.2.0_rc3
myth version: cvs (0.16 worked, too, however)

 - Jeff

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 08:12:55 -0700, Greg Miller
<gregs_lists at millernet.ca> wrote:

> I hope that this isn't too far off topic. I am posting here because I assume
> that others are or were in my position. I recently decided to bite the
> bullet ate buy a PVR 350 mainly to get a decent quality TV output. I am
> running Gentoo withe kernel 2.6.8, DVB and Xorg 6.8.0. I was able to emerge
> ivtv and get the ouput of the pvr350 working, and even fixed the purple &
> green issue. I spent most of the day serching the net for a solution to
> getting the X11 running on the framebuffer. If I follow the ivtv readme it
> says to use "fbdev" as the driver in the xorg.conf that generates an error.
> Other info sayes to use ivtvdev. I finally found ivtvdev in binary form (I
> think it is for xfree86 though) and that generates another error.
>
> Is there a way to get X running on ivtv with Xorg.
>
> Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Greg
>

> --

email me if you want a gmail invite, I have some invites