[mythtv-users] Washed out color with nVidia 5200

Adam Egger adam.egger at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 13:28:42 UTC 2005

Carl Alexander wrote:
> I second this plea. My nVidia 5700 just doesn't match straight TV. I'm
> not sure how much this is the nVidia, and how much is the PVR 350
> doesn't do as good a job rendering the NTSP signal to digital as the
> analogue tuner in the TV does.

I own a fanless Nvidia 5200. It's working great with myth and a
bttv/DVB-t combination. The only thing I don't understand it's speed
in glxgears. The values are extremely bad, I get values between 300fps
(with the nv module) and 600fps (nvidia 6629) on debian (Resolution
1280x1024/32bit on a LCD flat panel).
There are users getting 13000 fps with new video cards. Is the 5200
really this slow?