[mythtv-users] Database backup

Kai Fritzowsky mythtv-users at blackhole.hadinet.de
Mon Mar 7 12:31:59 UTC 2005

Hello everyone!

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 07:32:03PM +1000, David Whyte wrote:
> Yup, I copied it too just before I did y 0.17 backup.  No it runs as a
> daily cron job and I feel much warmer inside.

Although the posted backup skript is working fine, I improved it a bit, so
that it uses ~/.mythtv/mysql.txt.

Another small helper I wrote is a configurable script for postprocessing the
epg data. (title, subtitle, description, category) It's especially useful if
you want to convert things like

title: "James Bond 007 - Goldfinger" subtitle: ""
title: "James Bond 007"              subtitle: "Goldfinger"

Since there seems to be a certain demand for small helpers like this,
I wonder if there's a place for it. I'd be happy to contribute and
support these.

For now one may download my mythhelpers package at this place:
http://www.fritzowsky.net/downloads/mythhelpers.tar.bz2

I'm new to this list, so forgive me if I overlooked something.
One more thing I want to admint: MythTV is the most impressing
bit of software I've seen for a long time. Good job!

/Kai