[mythtv-users] Re: Channel 7/SBS AU, Can't Tune DVB-T, What the FEC?

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Mon Mar 7 12:38:15 UTC 2005

On Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 08:39:35PM +1000, David Whyte wrote:
> So I took a look at the DB and the way the channel table keys into the
> dtv_multiplex table and while it seems like I could update using some
> SQL, I am a bit against the idea given I a not too sure what the other
> values should be for channel 7 and SBS.
>
> Has anybody else had trouble with needing to swap the FEC values or
> having to enter the PIDS manually?  It would be good if, while there
> is a scanner to automate the work for you, you could still manually
> override the values using the legacy myth ui.

Myth just doesn't store the PIDs any more - they are determined every
time you tune a channel. The relevant control information is transmitted
several times a second and that's all that is needed to find the PIDs.

You can edit the FEC values in the setup program; go to Advanced within
the channel editor.

Hamish