[mythtv-users] Re: [Improving] The Current State of Myth -> DVD

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Mon Mar 7 11:26:27 UTC 2005

> 1) use nuvexport to export the sql/nuv version of the file
 	If you've got an active cutlist from MythTV, it's in the .sql file
> 2) rename the .nuv to a .mpg
 	Not really necessary... gopdit can load it anyway.
> 3) use gopdit to (manually) cut the commercials
> 4) pass to replex from within gopdit (pref. setting)
 	I hadn't noticed that in the prefs... cool!
> 5) dvdauthor -o DVDNAME -f whatever.mpg     (once per episode)
> 6) dvdauthor -o DVDNAME -T
 	I use 'qdvdauthor' to make quickie menus.  It's not too bad and
uses dvdauthor to actually create the DVD.  You can even put chapter
points in the tracks pretty simply as well.  I automatically generate
chapter points every 5 minutes of an hour show.
> 7) growisofs -dvd-video -Z /dev/hdc DVDNAME

> So now I'm going to look into seeing if I can get automatic commercial
> cutting working with gopdit so I don't have to do it manually (I imagine
> it will be more reliable too since setting the cutpoints seems to be
> very finicky -- I frequently had to start over because gopdit got
> confused).  Then maybe I can work this into mythtvburn as a replacement
> for the avidemux2 method it's using now (it can still use avidemux2 to
> pull out the JPEGs though).
>
> If anyone else wants to beat me to either of these steps, feel free; it
> could take me a while...

 	I've already manually done it.  I took a cutlist out of MythTV's
exported .sql file, and put it in the .RTV format that gopdit liked.  I
think with a quick sed/awk of the .sql file, it could be easily converted
into something directly importable to gopdit.

-Cory