[mythtv-users] Looking for Ultimate Frontend-only...
mythtv at braddolman.com
Sun Mar 6 21:39:18 UTC 2005
I've been looking for the perfect frontend (only) machine for MythTV,
and am amazed that I can't find anything that fits my criteria.
The criteria are:
- must support SDTV (so not too demanding)
- must be able to run MythFrontend so all options are available with same UI.
- must be quiet. Preferably no fans whatsoever.
- must support TV out, S-video
- should be small. Preferably something like the Roku form-factor,
slim and reasonable good looking.
- should have a remote or allow one to be added easily and cheaply,
- should be inexpensive <$300 USD max... hopefully $250 or even less. ;-)
- should support net-boot
- may support 5.1 surround sound (or SPDIF) [not firm requirement]
- may support slim dvd drive [not firm requirement]
The closest I've got so far is a stripped-down Pundit (not "R"), but
that's still a little expensive and unnecessarily big. The Roku looks
good, but doesn't give the MythUI (read: low WAF).
That's left me looking at the Via Epia boards and one of their cool
cases, but they seem to be kinda crazy expensive (when I can even
find a price).
Has anyone got any suggestions? I'm all ears... ;-)
More information about the mythtv-users