[mythtv-users] Using the S-Video for input on a PVR 250

Nathan Poznick kraken at wang-fu.org
Sun Mar 6 19:39:06 UTC 2005

> Currently I have been working with a few configurations on my PVR 250
> card and I want to use the S-Video input to record down stream from my
> Satellite receiver and I have had a bugger of a time getting it to work.
> Any one have any examples or suggestions for getting this input to work?

Just a note - on my PVR-250, the active composite input is actually
"Composite 4", so my suggestion would be to use ivtvctl -p N (where N is
an input number), and iterate through the S-Video inputs, stopping to
cat /dev/video > file.mpeg and keep going until you get video.  Then you
just need to go into mythsetup and attach that input on the card to the
lineup.

--
Nathan Poznick <kraken at wang-fu.org>

"What is defeat? Nothing but education, nothing but the first step
toward something better." --Wendell Phillips